PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advise on joining/finding group aircraft
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2006, 04:28
coodem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advise on joining/finding group aircraft

I have recently passed my PPL and wish to join a group share. Now I see so many options. Capital, no capital. How many members is just right.

I would like something cheap to run. My budget is around £15k for the share, Spend around £80 per month the fixed fees and then around £70 wet. But if cheaper will also be OK

I don't really want any nasty surprises

Can anyone tell me good places to look for group shares?

I have around 55 hours at the moment, is this going to be a problem, should I just carry on renting, till I get closer to the 100 hour mark.

Most my flying will be done during the week, But would want to do the occasional weekend flight.

What sort of aircraft should I be looking at? So far I have been looking at Piper Warriors, Katana DV-20. I prefer low wings, although I did all my training on a Cessna 150.

Also been toying with the idea of a ULA. Jab, Ikarus, Evektor Eurostar.

My initial plan was to purchase a ULA myself, but when I saw the fixed costs, I soon changed my mind. I think I need a few more hours for insurance to drop.

Any other ideas, feel free to comment. I currently fly in the Watford/Elstree area, and don't really want to travel more then 30 minutes

Thanking you all