PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEAN And PULSE lines and the effects
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2006, 02:12
fightingchickenplumb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob
Two threads requesting info on projects within 40 mins. Of course you're not a journo. What do you think we are stupid!! Try being honest and you might get somewhere.
thanks for the defence by the way lads

ah so cynical lol sideshow am not a journo, ive stabbed my nail bed to many times with locking wire, burned myself either dumping the gearboxs on the jets ( your hi-viz vest never seems to cover all your arm and the gloves in the line kits are rancid) or from trying to fit the risbridger to the engine oil resivor. ive done more trade cover than i care to remrber, loaded more jets for Q and pulled more ejection seats out for loose article checks than i care to remrmber mate. Nah buddy my handle should read "fightingchickenplumber" and everytime st andrews is on the TV for golf you can see my HAS site, besides my typo is mince dude , but good to see someones doing shark watch on the web.

As for my experiences with LEAN and PULSE its been confined to us loosing the stackers from our tool stores, and us having to wait 10-12 days to get bits of bang bang kit from another scottish tonka base i fail to see how this saves money, however the high ups have decided to give us a ready use supply of kit on station and assign two plumbers to run that department ( wait heres a idea lets call it a bay). From speaking to the lads in tasf here its even worse for them ,like instead of having to move one jet in the hangar to get one out they have 13 moves, and apparently if the jet needs a part or needs more time to work it it still goes on to next stage of the pulse reguardless and if neccesary back to the sqns witht he ADF/Lim amended. I fail to see the cost savings.

Amusingly (well to a few o us anyways) TASF, 15yrs of tonka ops to build up toolkits required, to get rid of them, 3 weeks and a newly posted in LAC with the remit to "find out exactly the bare minnimum tools are required for the job", result over a hundred small toolkits and half the man hours spent trudging to tool stores for a bigger socket PRICELESS RAF LOGIC