PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hercules ESF - technical, tactical and service issues. (Title edited)
Old 26th May 2006, 20:42
chappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi chappie here. i'm bob o'connors sis. he was one of the unlucky crew on the plane xv179. whether you think that foam would or would not have saved them can be your own personal view, but there is no getting away from the fact that there is a huge degree of neglience from many quarters in the fact there is no reason that i can see that can make it okay not to have foam/ESF. it was me who decided to organise the petition. there is a real need for there to be a visual aid for those in higher office who consider that it isn't really seaired/needed or important. the crew didi not die in vain. i understand that there will be many views which will say to the contrary about the outcome. i've seen with my own eyes that the independent AAIB man thought the probability of loss if foam was fitted would be altered significantly. nonetheless, there is no way of bringing the boys back. i want to help leave a legacy in the name of the boys to ensure no other family have to go through what i have. if you agree that foam would have changed the outcome then great...sign the petition and spread the word. if you don't feel that foam would have any impact for that fateful flight then fine....sign the petition and spread the word. please .