PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My beautiful Weber!
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2006, 16:22
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
B4igo,

If you wish to eat the best Turkey of your life....set the Barbie aside and buy yourself a Deep Fried Turkey setup. On top of it being so easy to do....and tasting so good....baby sitting the turkey while it cooks consists of tipping up your favorite brew.

One source of the kit is from Cabela's in Sidney, Nebraska. They have a website with catalogue at cabelas.com .

The basic recipe is dust the bird inside and out with flour seasoned with Cajun Seasoning, heat the oil till bird bubbles all the way in....six minutes per pound plus eighteen minutes. Remove, drain, slice, and eat. The hot grease sears the inside and exterior of the turkey and it remains as moist and juicy as anything you have ever had.

Purists use syringes to inject the gravy before cooking and similar tactics. The one real key is to keep the grease bubbling and completely covering the bird.

I did not believe this until I had my first taste of one....but it was and is the best way I have seen to do a turkey.

An alternative suggestion for the barbie....debone the turkey, put the stuffing inside the critter, sew it up so it resembles a Rubgy football. Roast till done and slice crossways from the end. Every slice has white and dark meat and stuffing. All one needs to do is add the gravy and trimming.