PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My beautiful Weber!
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2006, 15:22
brickhistory

Sonovabi*ch!

I come back from a four month TDY - left in January, expecting to come back to my tried and true 100% manual Weber and enjoy the early summer - but something's wrong....

I loved that grill. He and I had grown into manhood together. I knew his faults and he put up with mine. We were comfortable and enjoyed the ritual of prepping the coals, dousing heavily with fluid, the indescrible joy of lighting the stack with a satisfying "whoompf!" and then having to monitor, with mint julep, old fashioned, or mojito in hand, the thing until the coals had achieved the perfect hue to throw meat onto the rack. Then demonstrating the masculine propensity to char steak or other dead animal to just the right degree.

My wife got rid of it while I was gone! No asking, no consultation, just a blatant disrespect for my territory.

Then to add insult to injury, she had replaced a perfectly servicible Weber with the wobbly leg and patches of rust (distinguished looking to me, an eyesore to her!) with another new Weber.

Ok, what's done is done. At least I can still grill now that I'm back.

But, she got one with a oh-so-gay propane start! Luckily for me, Mrs. Brick couldn't get the fiddly bits hooked up, so now I am the proud owner of a new Weber that has the damn propane starter disconnected and so it shall be forever!

Sonovabit*h!