PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Tanker Deal
Thread: RAF Tanker Deal
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2006, 10:18
fightingchickenplumb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Saintsman
Why is it that if you give people licences you think they will all leave? Have you thought that people join up because they want to be in the RAF. Sure it'll be handy once they leave, but I expect the majority will stay in (there's always the exception).

In order for the aircraft to be operated in the civil role it must be maintained under EASA regulations. FSTA engineers will operate under Part 66 regs as will the RAF engineers .
saintsman I commend your belief in the RAF, but I have a mate in a AT sqn, when the IPT asked for a show of hands of the sqn on who would stay after getting there JAR66 out of 60 present 8 put there hands up, and most of them were angling for there pension

are you serving saintsman? just curious like

the reason people leave is simple, you can earn more working in civvie street 20-30000 compared with 21500 which is my current salary, second you usally do 37-40 hours a week , the rest is over time, something the RAF doesnt give ( yes we get a X-factor of 13%, which if you take that off makes the wages 19500 for myself) and you have no trips to hot dusty countries which last for four months out of every 18. Am talking from a techies perspective but am sure the aircrew and the rest of the RAF are in the same boat

And in reply to anyone who says , if you dont like it leave, my PVR is in 38 working days to go lol. Am not out to bash the RAF either I loved it and I have made friends for life and travelled around getting upto drunken japes at the countries expense, but it is dishearting to see the writting that the RAF high ups and the ministry of dunces (MoD) have written for us. Warfighter first and all that as my management keep reminding us