PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines Interview
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2006, 00:35
MacFly16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Wingmaaan

I got the same information like You. He will give it to the next training commission or stuff like that and they will decide accordingly. I openly asked him, if I will get an invitation and he just told me, that this will finally depend on the training commission.
I guess that we don´t get an invitation as long as they have enough applications from jet pilots. That´s what it sounds like to me.

@safelife

I felt it as a very pleasant talk with Mr. Lee. There are almost no trick questions, I guess. He really asked me near the same questions that were posted by Wingmaaan. I post the ones he asked me here again.

-where did you hear about the positions at CAL ?
A friend of mine
-Describe Your childhood!
growing up in a sound surrounding field. Spending a lots of time with my friends. Having a very good relationship to my parents caused by comfortable childhood. (Well, that was a question I was not well-prepared. Maybe You guys can see that according to my answer.)
-why do you want to work for CAL ?
New enviroment, to to get to know a new culture, new challenge
-tell me about your flying-career to date ( everything about your education)
I think, everybody sould be able to tell something about his flight training
-does your company have jets ?
Nope
-are you familiar with an FMS?
Yes, I am. I told him about the settings of flight plans and performance data that You can enter to.
-where do you mainly fly ? What are Your average distances on Your aircraft type?
Europe, 1-2 hrs and about 300-600 nm
-tell me about your strength as a pilot (characterise yourself)
for example flexible, good CRM skills, working precisely, reliable...things like that!

Somehow or other I got the feeling that it was important being able to answer fluently and to give the impression of speaking a good English

If You have further questions, ask me!!