PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2006, 22:39
dragonfly6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tom 1981

Hi tom,

just done stage 2 a week or so ago, i took alot of info off this thread that helped me alot so I feel i should give back....

you need to be able to do long division, multiplication, addition, and subtraction fairly fast (you can jot on the test paper to work these things out) The questions are not at all hard in any way, the hard thing is you only have fifteen minutes to answer fifteen questions, so the second you boj one up, you eat away at the time you have to do the rest. The questions are all along these lines:

your at 9000 feet, you want to get to 30000 feet, you gain hight at 1500 feet per minute, how long will it take? Not exactly that question but they are all like that (working out rates of change). One bit of advice i would give is that its multiple choice so you have 4 options - you dont always have to work out the answer - somtimes the options may vary by a factor of ten so you can estimate and get the right answer without the long-winded calculations.

After that you sit the pilapt test - you cant practice for this. its starts out fairly easy (althought the time you take to respond is taken into account). It increases in difficulty untill the last test which is multitasking to the point of overload. Only advice on this part i can give is get a good nights sleep, get a good breakfast in you in the morning, and chill out big time - the tests are quite god fun - just like a computer game. read the instructions carefully before you start each test and relax and enjoy playing it. Bottom line is there is absolutely nothing you can do to prepare for pilapt - your playing these games for 45 minutes so theres no faking it - you either get a good score or dont. Im sure your aware you can get practice tests off various websites - i bought one- wasnt that helpful. Bottom line is turn up alert after plenty of sleep and try you best.

hope that helps - dont want to tell you exactly what the tests are in great detail - seems a bit unfair on the rest, but even if i did it wouldnt help - the tests are explained to you in great length on the day before you attempt them.

Ive got my stage three next week - its all been a bit fast - faxed off stage one got a reply the same day asking me to come down nezt week. Whent down for stage two and had an e mail waiting for me when i got home asking me to come to stage three the next week! whats wrong with that you say.... i live 400 miles away!! Still, in another few weeks i might be in newzealand...

heres hoping... all the best mate.