PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emerald and the CAA
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2006, 15:58
EI-CGO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercenary, you must know MORE than KPMG do

There are THREE serious bidders for the remnants of JEM, one has similar plans to what you describe, but a deal is far from done.

Many of the contracts that JEM 'had' are being snapped up by other operators and the brokers, some of them on 12 month contracts already, the big concern of that bidder (we shall call them bidder 1) is that there will be NO contracts left to fly, which is why JEM are trying to protect the IOM work, as ever its just too little too late as the Antonovs are moving in and although JEM have a few aircraft subbed in for next week, they are going to have to compete on these routes!

The Royal Mail WILL put EVERY JEM contract back out to tender regardless of who buys what, so again no guarantees of getting ANYTHING, especially as the prices wont be ' wide boy specials' just to stop anyone else from getting the work.

The other 2 bidders are operators.

One thing I can say is that from what I have heard plans are well afoot by bidder 1 to replace all non-flying AOC post holders ASAP.

Their HQ is VERY unlikely to be LPL.

Bidders 2 and 3 have no intention of taking any staff on other than some flight crew.

My advice to anyone still being fed lies at LPL is to bail out if you get the chance.