PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2006, 12:28
flystudent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really have to say its worth sorting your own accom out if going to oats.

3 bed house in kidlington we paid 800 a month so thats £266 each. That was a nice place too (compare that to !150 a week/600 a month).

Later we upgraded to woodstock, still 800 a month, 2 bed place bed used dining room as a bedroom so still £266 a month and a cool little village with fantastic pubs.

No social life in groundschool !!?? dont you believe it. If you dont break away from the study you will go insane enter groundhog days and start pulling your hair out !! finish study 9.30/10 every night and go out for an hour or 2 for a couple of jars. Groud school I had so much fun it was fantastic.... but one tip, dont go out for abig night the day before you start lectures on Gyros !! You will never recover from that !!

We cycled to school, just being able to get away from the place was a god send, as for wireless internet www.v21.com broadband no minimum signup term and it's £20 a month can cancel anytime.

It's really worth looking for a place off site, took me an afternoon to sort each property.

One tip.. if you dont know anyone in your class, stay in halls for the first week or 2 to figure out who you are gonna get on with then all get a place together. The notice board and agencies always has people with properties. The EPST gusy stay in halls becasue I think it is part of their package, I dont think they have a choice (I may be wrong) but please please do try to live of site if you can - you wont start rocking back and forth in your chair so early if you do. Well thats my thoughts on that