PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 25th May 2006, 02:50
Letsfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah Amelita and Mir...(not sure how to spell it or say it)
I have also heard that the Emirates medical is pretty full on. I think it may even go over two days. I have gone through a Qantas medical and it wasn't too bad about 1 hour but they do take blood, make you stretch in different ways to test flexiblility, hearing, lung and sight and make you pee into a cup...drug testing etc.
I think you have to get a lot of different injections for Emirates. Qantas just tested to see if you had a measels vac in your blood and they give you a Hepatitis shot which you need two more of later in the year.
They may make us pay for the medical test. I guess it depends if they have an Emirates doctor in Sydney/Melb. Otherwise they may make us go to our local doctors with a sheet with all the info they need the doctor to test for. I guess then you would have to pay for the consultation fee.
I had to pay for the Qantas blood test as they send it to an outside company to test but that was only about $20. I guess if they are asking you to do a medical you are pretty much in so hey whats a $100 anyway.
I was reading on either this website or another that someone from another country went for there one on one interviews on the 15th of May and they got called yesterday to start training mid June. I guess it depends how many resumes they have to look over. I think there ended up being about 25 people left in our group in Sydney.
I can't wait to get that email or the phone call!!!!