PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WSJ Column: How Airbus Lost Its Bearings
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2006, 21:50
vapilot2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So you flew the dollar-a-year dry-lease B2's? Serials 41, 42, 43, & 44? You ARE showing your age!
I remember thinking what a brilliant move this was by Airbus. It paid off handsomely leading EAL and others to buy more.

Kind of like what 'Click and Clack' the Car Talk guys like to say about Cadillacs:

"Cadillac should just leave some new models on the side of the road with the keys in them - people will drive off and realise what nice cars they truly are and buy more of them."

Now, on topic, I am quite sure Airbus will continue to do very well - maybe some bumps on the horizon - probably some loss of trading value - but I highly doubt it will be as tough as the 'dark years' were over at Boeing. I think the real challenge in the near term will be funding for the A350 without taxpayer assistance.

Referring to M. Foregeard:
though not before the then-head of DaimlerChrysler, which owns 30% of Airbus’s parent company, called him a "compulsive liar."
Well I sure missed this one ! When was this accusation made ? Makes me laugh everytime I picture old M. Forgeard (lips moving or not) - - jeez - Louise.