PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British KLM pilots to ballot for stike action
Old 24th May 2006, 20:26
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The time has now come for me to stand with my colleagues and say that I have had enough of the rough end of this particular pineapple. The company have not properly considered us and we are living in a sort of "limbo land". Personally, I don't think that the company want to get rid of us, just yet. However, one little hiccup, one little bit of "rationalisation", one little bit of "down-sizing" and we are the first to go which means that my wife and kids and those of my colleagues are the one's who suffer. The fortunes of companies change over time and there are times when they have to grow a little smaller. But I don't see why I should be one of the first out of the door. I have invested just short of ten years in KLM (via AirUk, KLM uk, KLM Cityhopper uk) and they have received the benefit of my work. I see no reason why that when the axe falls, I falls it falls fairly, valuing the time that each person has spent working for good of the organisation.

I have no fight with any of my KLM Mainline contract colleagues. I have no intention of taking any of their ICA (or 737) jobs. My personal career horizon is a F70/100 Command and maybe a training position as well. I'd just like to be able to get to my horizon - just like the rest of my colleagues - in both the UK and NL divisions.