PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enstrom Corner
Thread: Enstrom Corner
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2006, 20:05
TOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry CAA know best - Enstrom 480/480B!

The CAA have issued a directive which dictates that all G reg Enstrom 480's/480B's on reaching 1275 flight hours must soon have the main rotor hub plates replaced. This is dispite the fact that , to the best of my knowledge there has NEVER been a failure , or related problem in the UK or worldwide. The components in question have a normal life of 5000+hours.
In the UK right now there are a number of 480's already with 1275 + flight hours, these would then be immediatley grounded.
Now just hang on a minute, how is this justified?. Do the CAA experts have better knowledge than the designers and makers ENSTROM. Who is this great expert at Gatwick that knows best? Come to think of it I'm not sure the CAA even have anyone working for them who is rated on 480's/480B's!
Sadly, I hear that EASA is going to back this CAA directive , that means that all 480's in Europe are going to grounded as well when the time comes!!!!!!!
WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE???!!!!! Come on ENSTROM get your gloves on and argue back!!!