PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristol Flight Centre
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2006, 16:21
C130Dreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airways Flight Training

Here are a few reasons why I chose Airways Flight Training (AFT) for my CPL/IR.

Instructors - All have previous military and/or commercial experience. These guys instruct because they want to, not because they need the hours.

Aircraft - The Duchess is a great training platform and probably one of the nicest twins I’ve flown. It has contra rotating props which make the asymmetric stuff a little easier, and two doors which makes getting in and out less of a drama!

Price - Probably one of the more competitively priced training providers you'll find in the UK.

Atmosphere - The best! Very relaxed during training with the emphasis on making sure you can pilot an aircraft, rather than looking like an aircraft pilot. You will however be advised to wear a shirt and tie for your flight test!!

Reputation - AFT has one of the best reputations going. Most of their business is through recommendation and word of mouth. Run a search through PPRuNe and see if you can find any bad posts on both schools.

At the end of the day it’s your decision. I’m sure Bristol is very good, and I think the best way forward for you is to visit both schools, as I did, and then make a choice.

Good luck.