PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - moving to Australia (a320 type rated)
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2006, 16:18
pakeha-boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
9W,S.....no offence mate,but you are a low time pilot,this has nothing to do with the quality of your skills,it has to do with your experience.If that is your CV then you are a low time.

Where I fly,most of us have 4-5X the hours you have,with 5-7 types,and PIC experience to go with that.We are obviously older than you and have been in the game a lot longer,but we still market ourselves.I sent a CV to Jetstar(I,m always looking) and got quite the opposite response,and so did the other ex-pats that work here.....That tells me something,they are looking for higher time,more experienced pilots than you,....doesnt mean we are any better than you ,but simply that is where(for now) the bar is.

You say you have 10 yrs aviation experience,is that flying or just airport related???...do the math,the average line pilot(major Airline) flys 7-800hrs /annum...the wh*res fly a 1000,and thers plenty of them,your CV puts you in the low time time cat,the F/O,s I fly with all have 5000hrs plus,no shortage there....the EFIS time...mate EFIS on a table top sim,computer,or a 747 is EFIS time....no al ot of difference there

Im certainly not taking the piss out of you,in fact the opposite,and congrats on you achievements to date,but there are many of us out here,who activley market ourselves for these positions,and there is not a shortage in this area...for the low time pilots that get hired,good onya,right place right time,and all the best...been there done that.....

My experience with interviews,they either like you or they dont and experience doesnt count for sh@t!!!!.....all the best in your endevours...PB