PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - moving to Australia (a320 type rated)
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2006, 10:43
9Ws

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check this out...

4650 hours Total Time
500 hours F/O A320
A320 endorsed on Australian ATPL
A320 type rating done in Toulouse with Airbus
4300 hours EFIS time
3800 hours heavy EFIS turbo-prop time
10 years experience in airline operations

Australian Permanent Residence status (visa)
Australian ATPL (A320 endorsed) issued on the basis of passing all 7 Australian ATPL written exams
All initial CPL and Multi-CIR training done in Australia
Australian ASIC being processed (if that's of any help?)

The way I see it, Jetstar doesn't need to spend one dollar on training me any further... they could have me flying with them as a F/O in no time... and walking up the seniority ladder, maybe as a Captain one day too?

But this is the answer I got from them on May 5, 2006.... any thoughts from anyone as to "why"? ....still beats me.

"........Thank you for your recent application to Jetstar Pilot Recruitment.

Following a review of your file and as a result of the highly competitive nature of the process, I regret to advise that on this occasion other candidates have been found to more closely meet our organisational requirements. Your application for employment as a Jetstar pilot has therefore been unsuccessful.

Please be advised that Corporate policy does not allow the airline to give candidates any feedback on the selection process. We therefore request that you do not contact the airline to seek specific feedback on the selection process.

Should you wish to re-apply, please allow at least twelve months to lapse prior to updating your details on our recruitment website.

I would like to thank you for your interest and the effort involved in applying to Jetstar.

Yours sincerely, ..................."