PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - touchdown autorotation video - from inside cockpit
Old 24th May 2006, 07:44
heli_spy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Critics of this pilots auto (not me) should know full well that each and every auto is different with factors such as air density, wind speed and direction, weight, fuel quantity/tank configuaration , passanger position, air density etc etc all playing a part in making each one unique. Coupled with the fact you cant properly guage the flare height/ground speed from this video who is anyone to have a pop at this pilots technique? not me thats for sure!
And hands up who hasn't had the horn on upon initial entry to the auto on the odd occassion? Well the C model I learnt in didnt have the luxury of such a device and in the 47 autos were a total non event but it was quite common to get the horn blasting out that shrill tone momentarily on instructor initiated throttle wind offs when I did my 22 and 44 endorsements.
My feelings are this video was a demo of a range auto with the rpm at the bottom of the green hence the beep beep of the horn and a textbook ** as per the POH** termination on a suitable hard surface.