PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - moving to Australia (a320 type rated)
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2006, 06:52
Artificial Horizon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a hard one, as the market in Australasia is very hard to break into. I have around 3500 hours with a good proportion of that on the A320. Both JAR and NZ ATPL's and currently work for a very big outfit in the UK. Recently I heard that Jetstar was recruiting and thought that I would give it a go, sent in the application and got a nice e-mail back telling me that my flying time although enough to meet the basic standards was not competitive with the other candidates, please apply again in 12 months. This is fine and dandy, but it is when you realise what a small market it is out there, as stated above no one else in OZ operates this type and as for New Zealand it would seem that the one operator there has now got to many pilots and won't be recruiting again until mid 2007. So give it a whirl and you might be lucky, I would say though, without Oz residency your chances are nil. To many well qualified aussies and new zealanders either in australasia or the rest of the world just trying to get home.