PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Strategic Aviation - AU
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2006, 05:42
exmax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
telephone interview

Hi all,

I had my telephone interview and I have to say it was pretty quick. May I firstly say good luck to anyone who succeeds and secures employment.

The stages;
Telephone interview compromising of an information session where you basically talk about what you're doing right now and discuss your employment history. There are the usual questions like, why do you want to fly? What do you love about it? etc etc. The position as fourplay mentioned, is based in DRW, it's a tue-thu operation and flying to KWI and spending a week there. Training commences on 5th June....in 12days!!!!! and no, the lady didn't say if the training was in SYD or DRW. The usual "how much notice do you have to give" question was asked, as was "how would you feel/would you relocated to DRW?" They will ask about situations you have been in and how you dealt with them also, all the usual questions you get at airline interviews really. No idea about salary but they asked about salary expectations but this would be discussed in the next stage.

Face to face interview with the general manager and some other manager, couldn't remember what title the interviewer gave me.

I guess if you've made it this far, then you go through the usual process, the interviewer wasn't very clear in terms of reference checks/medicals etc.

I did 9years in the UK as a FA, but I simply cannot leave my job & partner and relocate to DRW in 12days, I told the lady that I'm still interested should any further opportunties arise. In fact, she asked that should there are any domestic operation opportunities in the future, would I be interested? Too right I would be! So good luck to anyone that has the flexibility and inclination to move to DRW and let us know how it goes.

Exmax

Last edited by exmax; 24th May 2006 at 06:47.