PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Ground study material: books, DVDs, computer programs etc.
Old 23rd May 2006, 19:50
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think we've established that buying the manuals is probably not the best option. The CRP-5 is an excellent suggestion. As for the holiday, well it was a bit of a throwaway line, but if he could combine a holiday with visiting the school(s) you are looking at, would that not be a worthwhile present?

I think that what you are doing for your son is a wonderful thing; I wish that I could afford one day to do a similar thing for mine - though I suspect I won't! For those of you who resent this kind of parental help, get over it. It has always and will always exist for those who can afford it. I imagine that one of the reasons many of you are trying to get into aviation is so that you can achieve a comfortable living standard. If you're in it long enough, and you have some luck with employers, you also may one day be in a position to fund your children's career training - there are many wannabes here who have had parental help, and they are no more or less welcome than anyone else.

Scroggs