PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA ATP - post your questions here.
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2006, 18:49
triple777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry I have taken so long to reply, I am still on vacation and have not checked the forum for about a week. Sorry Panama, I just got your pm.

Essentially i took a copy of my initial training records, ppcs ( including most recent ), filled out the 8710 which the Chief Flight Instructor Boeing signed, stamped. Then he had his secretary type up the endorsement statement on Company letterhead which he also stamped and signed. He also stamped and signed my training records. The FAA in Ft Lauderdale looked at everything ( i was inthe waiting room outside the offices) and gave me back the training records and typed up the temp certificate with the "B777 Sic Priveleges Only" endorsement on it and the B777 type on the top line. For the Sic to be removed at a later date when i upgrade i will have to take a checkride with the FAA or designated examiner. It was a pretty painless excercise but attention to detail and reading the form was important. In a previous post above someone had a link to the form and it had Q&A on it...one Q pertained to airline type endorsments, that was really helpful. If u have an questions let me know, will try to get back in a timely matter Richard Engler at the FLL FSDO did my paperwork and you can Google to get the number of the office...