PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Ground study material: books, DVDs, computer programs etc.
Old 23rd May 2006, 17:51
rayden1206

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Nocher

Every country and people has its own culture. I know that in U.S. and U.K. and mostly northern Europe the most common thing is that kids after school take from parents their first money and leave home to go for studies work and make their own way in lie. I will not judge if this is good or bad. Its just a difference.

In Greece and Southern Italy as I know its a common thing that kids until they get married live in their parents home and move just if they want to and not obligatory.

Just an example I would say that my son when he was doing the obligatroy military service, he was 21 months in Special Forces and he was bringing to my wife (his mother) the dirty of mud and sand uniforms for laundry when he was with a day off!!!

Also it is a common thing that parents support financialy their sons and daughters in their studies and if there is ability until their first job.

I am 55 years old and my parents did the same for me and I didnt return them a penny and same I will, support my son, pay him the 100% of his studies and will ask for nothing in future. And if I didnt have the financial ability I would get a loan to support him. Also my parents still buy me a birthday present and I dont see any reason why not to do the same for my son and daughter.

Furthermore families here are very connected and I support my parents who are now 85 y/o. Its like a chain.

The only bad I see in this is that family members interfear into each other and in many times there are misunderstandings and conflicts between family members but thats life.

So Nocher I dont see any bad attitute from my son. Its a matter of the Greek way of life!

Dear Dfspilot
thank you very much for your information about OXFORD.

Anyway. Does anybody know anything now about Jeppesen manuals?

Best regards to all !

Dr. Ray