PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British KLM pilots to ballot for stike action
Old 23rd May 2006, 17:11
u0062

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Klink, There are many people looking for work with hefty loans associated with there flying training. However what you are proposing is to break an official picket line. As part of IALPA the VNV would be obliged to support the Balpa strike action in what ever form this may take. I can not imagine that the VNV would condone anyone who wished to further there careers at the expence of fellow pilots who are fighting for there rights.
Should a precident be set by Dutch (out of work pilots taking advantage of this situation) this would involve the VNV breaking ranks with IALPA. This would thus also put the VNV in conflict with the Airfrance. I would suggest that thiswould probaly not be beneficial to KLM pilots. Therefore If anyone was suicidal enough to try and take advantage of the above there career would be finished before it had started. I for one would never fly with a scab.
It would be interesting to find out who would.
I would suggest that the guys and girls who are looking for work keep trying,but be professional. Rise above the comment made by Klink