PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Training Corps
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2006, 14:36
Rigchick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been hanging around this site for ages, but haven't posted until now. It's taken a while to read this thread but some of the comments have really got me mad

I'm a serving JNCO in the RAF having done 18 years.I'm an ex-cadet and I also help out at my local ATC Sqn. Whilst I agree that there are some complete w*nkers in the ACO the majority of these people provide a valuable service to the youth of today. How many of you have spent time griping about the teenagers hanging around the streets causing trouble or glued to the TV/computer screen? The next time you see your local Sqn parading on Remembrance Day or Battle of Britain or any of the other numerous events throughout the year, remember that they want to be there, rain or shine.

The adults who give their time are to be praised and applauded. Without these unselfish people there would not be an ACO and so a lot more bored teenagers out there possibly causing trouble.

So what that some of them wear the uniform to make themselves feel good/important. Let them think what they want within their own little world

Not all of us in the RAF look down on these people. A lot of us realise the important role that they play in fostering the spirit of the ACO and in raising the next generation to be the kind of people we would trust to go into conflict alongside

Come on everyone, give them a break