PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British KLM pilots to ballot for stike action
Old 23rd May 2006, 13:16
autofeather

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyburg
Now I know, since most UK pilots have worked here for more than a decade a translation is not needed. Since all the UK pilots expect normal career opportunities without discrimation they have at least strived to have conversational mastery of the language of their employer of the last decade so it shouldn’t be a problem to read the text.
Sorry Autofeather, I couldn’t resist(little bit of sarcasm is intended). Below is a translation witch I made to the best of my ability. I believe it is fairly accurate.
Si nous allons faire ceci dans la langue de notre employeur peut-ętre devrions-nous la faire en français ?

{My little bit of sarcasm}

Originally Posted by flyburg
I rest my case and give the stage to autofeather who will undoubtely explain this as yet another example of how VNV is to blame for all the misfortune the UK pilots has befallen!!
Hi Flyburg

Thanks for making the post and translation of the VNV statement, I am pleased to note that it is indeed a very good translation – I could not have done nearly half as well myself.

I’m afraid my reply is going to disappoint you though.

Indeed the statement backs up what almost everyone here has been saying, this is a fight for the KLCuk pilots terms and conditions and it is therefore between KLCuk pilots (Balpa) and KLCuk/KLC and KLM. It is not a fight between Balpa and the VNV and I am pleased that both the VNV and Balpa can see eye to eye on this issue and indeed that the VNV seem to be publicly supporting the case of Balpa.