PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Ground study material: books, DVDs, computer programs etc.
Old 23rd May 2006, 11:35
rayden1206

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Another question!!! Serious one!

Thank you all !!!

You were very helpful. I thing it would be best to buy some other things and not these manuals.

Another matter came into my mind during this reseach. And I cannot understand it.

Oxford books are in total 8000 pages. Jeppesen are in total 4000.

I am a layer living in Greece and I know from my studies back in the Univeristy days that the subjects are several and whatever edition I could choose the number of pages etc would be more or less the same.

In aviation doesnt happens the same? How it happens and Oxford manuals and course is 8000 pages, and Jeppesen is half at the same price? I cant understand this at all.

I am not the potential pilot but as a parent I am trying to understand the whole concept.Could somebody explain why there is no certain amount of reading and studying and what is the difference of 4000 pages????

From my point of view its either a marketing way of Oxford to make you follow their course and school, or if not then Jeppesen doent contain everything somebody needs to know...

Cant understand it at all. 4000 pages is a H U G E difference and I will not ask of the volume of the other brands.

Please help me with that, I will be very grateful once more!

Best regards

Dr. Ray