PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 23rd May 2006, 10:18
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BYMONEK
Flybywire
Was the editing done to correct a few errors of your own in the spelling department?
My original posting has nothing to do with intolerance towards non native English speakers. Whether we like it or not, people do need to have a good grasp of English, if only to understand the manuals which can be confusing,complicated and badly written at the best of times.
The increasing numbers who are failing in their SEP's will testify to that!
BYMONEK how clever are you!!! I knew you would notice my editing and that's exactly why I did it, to make you notice it!!! To be completely honest with you (since you know I like you a lot, despite your hard shell) I needed to add "DEFINITELY" as I keep seeing it spelt "DEFINATELY" - especially by your fellow pilot friends - in every other post and it's one of those spelling mistakes I really cannot bear!!!

Now, Rivaldo, if these people who spell definitely - "DEFINATELY" have been able to land jobs as pilots, I am sure you can become a cabin crew even if you spell walking - "WOLKING". Just go for it mate, you've got nothing to lose!

BYMONEK you're right when you say that you need to have a good knowledge of the English language to understand SEP manuals (and to pass the interview in the first place). However, if - as you say - many people fail SEP tests just because of their language capabilities, could that be a sign that the recruitment process should be improved?

I still love you though.

FBW