PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LGW HERE I COME!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2006, 09:42
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by jettesen
The LGW ops will be transformed into BA CONNECT by next year, all long haul will go to T5.
FLYBYWIRE - wannabee moderator me thinks
Jettesen....I am glad you got the point of my previous post!
Besides you work for another airline so really shouldn't make any comments about things that you don't know at all.
We have a CLEAR business plan (made by people who are the best in the business) which is very explicative and gives us details on the future of short haul operations out of LGW. If you had had the clever idea to read the papers before writing this post you'd know that BA made lots of money this year and that SH operations are in fact profitable as they are at the moment!

Guys do not take these speculations into consideration.....they are, in fact, only speculations made by somebody who is trying to irritate people who probably are in a better position than him/herself.

The new Gatwick fleet will be great....stunning new B777 aircraft, great destinations and, above all, really good and fun people who worked really hard during SH for years and now cannot wait to be lying in the sun for a change and having a BALL!! Unlike some other airlines "b****ing" is very uncommon.

Guys do not forget....at LGW promotion can be very quick, if a career in the airline business is what you want and you're good at your job (and show some kind of understanding of our business!!) you could become a purser with 2 years' flying for BA or 1 year flying for BA + 1 year with another carrier.

WLITS........I know the feeling!!!

Paddy...you're so right! I have a friend in CS at LGW who always tells me the most outrageous and ridiculous gossip!! Maybe they have too much spare time to play with while at work (no offence intended!) BTW They should stop calling it Galley FM and start calling it Check-in FM!!

FBW

Last edited by flybywire; 23rd May 2006 at 09:58.