PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heading for disaster
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2006, 03:28
gadgetguru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stay away from the medicine cupboard

Originally Posted by Chairmanofthebored
Those people not willing to spend $50K to sweep floors are everywhere. You see them at the unemployment office, back at their IT job or down at Macca's. Not willing to sweep means not willing to fly in most parts of the world. I guess you are saying if someone offered you a job leading up to flying but entailing sweeping that you would say NO?
Bit daft really.
Those in IT are the few who can afford to fork out $50K without going into debt from the outset. They are also the smart ones who would rather live comfortably enough to be able to fly, than not fly, have no quality of living & be the arse end of the **** stick.

I sweep, amongst the many other jack-of-all-trades/master-of-none that I have to do in order to get a foot in the door somewhere.

doesn't mean I enjoy being taken for granted & all in order to pluck a few precious hours here & there, whilst the industry looks down it's nose at the 'slave-labour-scum', & does nothing but bitch about the lack of experience.

doesn't matter how high you lift your nose - your arse still smells just as bad as mine.

"we the willing, lead by the unknowing, have been doing so much, with so little, for so long, we are now expected to do the impossible with nothing"

live in the gutter, get treated like an animal, get absolutely no respect, or renumeration, or future.
but make sure your on time & presentable!
& we'll keep dangling a flight in front of your face (maybe).

don't foget - not every 'new' pilot is a pimply faced youth with no life experience, some of us are mature, skilled & successful professionals (in other fields) hence we are able to afford the luxury of flight training, that we have made it this far, is by no means been an easy ride, I had to work my arse off for every cent I brought home, we come to the industry not with our hat in our hand but with skills, & traits that can be applied in the same manner - given the opportunity to do so.

Last edited by gadgetguru; 23rd May 2006 at 08:26.