PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military back-up refused for strike by firefighters
Old 22nd May 2006, 23:09
4Foxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've just been reading 'Rules of Engagement' by our favourite ex-Colonel, Mr Tim Collins. Despite his inflammatory comments about the future if the RAF, he has some choice words to say about Op Fresco:

The phone rings, you say: "Hello, 1 R Irish Fire and Rescue Service. A fire? Where? We'll be right over. You then tell the peeler sitting drinking tea where the fire is and you crash the lads out in the Goddess. When you get there, attach the hoses to the fire hydrant and point the hoses at the fire. Then it's water on, fire out, water off, roll up yer hoses and home for tea and medals. Questions?

While it's good the Forces won't get double tapped for ops and filling in for fire-fighters, I'm relieved that no one has been killed, yet, because the fire-fighters are neglecting their duties. Yes, I would always like more money, and yes, thousands of my colleagues are being made redundant and yes, plenty of my stations are being closed, but no I'm not going to go on strike.

<rant mode>=off