PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Ground study material: books, DVDs, computer programs etc.
Old 22nd May 2006, 18:28
rayden1206

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WHICH ARE THE BEST ATPL MANUALS????

Dear all

My son will start an intergrated course in October for the Frozen ATPL because due to some business obligations cant any earlier. He asked me for his birthday present a complete set of ATPL manual to start reading on his own and have an idea before he starts training.

I went to buy them as a present and I found that there are many of them and every salesman has its own opinion. One says buy the Oxford ones, because the books have 8000 pages with everything very detailed inside. Other say Jeppesen are the most current in the market and easy to study.Others say that Cranfield are the most easy to pass the exams. I also been presented of a Nordian set of books.

Because I dont know anything about them can anybody help me with the advantages and the disadvantages of each of the mentioned ATPL manuals (OXFORD,JEPPESEN,CRANFIELD,NORDIAN).

My opinion till now is that Cranfield seem a little bit patchwork. OXFORDs 8000 pages seem too big and someone that wants to have an idea of everything (not a comprehensive learning) in a 4 months period may be descouraged of the big mass of pages.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Best regards
Dr. Ray