PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2006, 15:50
bmibabyfc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why is everyone finding it hard to answer something so simple??

"Hey There,
Can anyone out there tell me about who BMI Regional's target market is?"
answer - well seeing as they offer a two class product one would kind of think it would be the business class pax - thus meaning pax that travel for work with companies that want that extra product for their staff and are prepared to pay it because it is worth it - which bmi regional has proven to offer.

hmm not hard is it flightrider, you seem to have got stuck behind a wall - god knows why!
and just for you too.....

baby - do i really need too??? bmibaby's target market is perfect - leisure travel or business travel. As bmibaby has proven time and time again, you can either travel for business or leisure on baby due to the destinations we fly - an example being ams/cdg/edi/gla/bfs - all business destinations but also leisure when you consider euro disney and weekends away. And before anyone points it out, the reason why baby was born into ema was because of GO and also the business class product on the bmi mainline routes was no longer selling well, the pax/companies were not prepared to pay the prices for business travel when they could choose an alternative airline with roughly same frequency but with much lower prices. Now all this depends on the route, i.e. it was proven that baby was not succesfull on the ema-bru due to the pax/companies wanting that business class product, hence the decision for bmi regional to take over the route.

Its important to know what the demand is for each route and the product that the pax/companies require. You can then decide what approach to take - and in bmi's case its good because they can choose between regional and baby. If they think that a business class product will sell, give it too bmi regional. If they think people love going to that destination at cheap prices and are paying themselves you would think baby would be best.
Now seeing that ive wrote alot and the original question was about regional's target market i think i will stop here......

regards and views from

bmibabyfc