PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - flying with BA
Thread: flying with BA
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2006, 15:28
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
JT8

Hi
we crossed on the previous posts..just a couple of observations and welcome to the wonderful world of Bidline...the rules for which contained in a book the size of small novel .

As far as the 744 ( which I'm on) being commuter friendly: maybe...the lines for the junior guys are roughly similar on both fleets - historically the 744 has more of the longer trips than the 777 this will no doubt change over the next couple of years.

Junior pilots don't always end up "on" Blindlines. Blindlines are "pay protected", i.e. the company is responsible for your roster and if they can't get you to the monthly hours target ("CAP") you don't get your pay docked. You get no such protection on Triplines - it's your roster and if you consistently are unable to pickup enough work to make CAP you will loose pay. Since there are only a fixed number of Blindlines these may get mopped up by the "not quite junior" guys protecting their income, meaning the the pilots at the bottom of the list end up being assigned Triplines.

As to the line you quote - I'm not an expert on 777 lines but I suspect that line may fall below slightly CAP and so depending on how hard you've worked in previous months you may need to do an extra trip to make "CAP', e.g. by Back to backing a trip onto the JFK - anyone in the know on the Fleet care to comment?