PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots Sunglasses
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2006, 21:57
Inverted81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all...
in a previous life i used to sell oakley in the outdoor activity industry in the UK's largest oakley retailer.
I've used serrengetti's ray ban etc, but without a doubt Oakley's did the job for me and i haven't looked back!

As others have said, Oakley do claim (and i've seen it proven) that UVA, UVB and UVC are blocked 100%. So you all know; UVC is the "blue light" reflected of snowy surfaces. so ideal for skiing etc.

They use a molecule called iridium which is imcorporated into the polycarbonate, to remove the glare. All UV and IR is removed by the lens material not the "iridium" so if the lenses get scratched, you will still be covered.

They also offer a wide array of lens hues to choose from. my tips for the cockpit would be gold iridium, black iridium (for particularly bright cockpits) and my personal fovourites emerald or Ice....

I haven't read thro all this thread but Oakley have done many comparisons between many manufacturers and surveys have been done in the states i believe for pilots. last time i looked details we're on their website...