PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 3 engine BA 747 hearing
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2006, 21:09
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think we would all be interested in what the FAA deliberates. It will be interesting to see if their stance has changed at all from previous established procedure for what is probably all 747-400 operators. We could start listing the flight continuation history of operators American, Australian, British and others and wonder at what may make the FAA conclude that nowadays with ever more reliable engines on aeroplanes (so reliable that twins may fly clean across the Pacific even), it is suddenly no longer acceptable practice (if that is what they deem).....and why would that be. And we may wonder how the FAA's own rules (which were not contravened) should suddenly not apply when it choses for them not to in a case like this particular one. A very bizarre case indeed.

I rather think the loudmouth FAA spokesperson who shot off an aggressive FAA response (from the hip) immediately after the alleged 'incident' rather pushed the FAA into a corner. I think the FAA will have some explaining to do when its own rules were not contravened in this 'case'.