PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Training Corps
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2006, 20:57
Dave5705

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a Cadet in the ATC I thought I should post something on this thread.
I have been a member of the ATC for 5 years and am nearing the end of my cadet career. I have done so many great things with the ACO in my time, and I highly reccomend the organisation to any teenager. I have benefited from my time in the ACO and have learnt so much. I feel, the ACO has made me a better person and will help me in whatever career I persue in later life.
The Corps is by no means perfect and has a few problems, like any other organisation does. Yes some members of staff are w*nkers and should not hold a comission, but this is a small minority of the adult staff that make up this organisation.
Instead of hanging around, being chavs and a general problem to society, the ACO teaches teenager many thing. respect, discipline, leadership skills and team work, to name a few. Teenagers have the chance to fire rifles, fly aircraft and meet people from all over the country. People that they wouldn't usually have any contact with.
For young people interested in joing the RAF, or any other branch of the armed forces, the ACO help them tremendously. The Corps does help in recruitment for the RAF, I think it gives you an advantage when/if you go for OASC.
To all the people who don't like the ATC and think that it should be done away with I ask: Were you members of the ATC?

These are all my opinions and if anyone disagess then fine. However please don't slate me too much about this.
Thanks for reading
Dave