PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emerald and the CAA
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2006, 20:21
Trill_Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We Are Still In The Dark On This One.

Originally Posted by 74Freight
I am fortunate to have departed before all this. Emerald may not have been the best run outfit but what were the CAAs reasons for suspending the AOC? They must have known that this would destroy the company and put a lot of people on the dole.
There had been a few instances with gear locking pins, tyre bursts and grass landings but these are very outdated aircraft and these will happen.
Those who have lost their jobs deserve to know that the CAA had good reasons for doing this( ie. the operation was unsafe) and not just a few paperwork irregularities found by a vindictive ops inspector with nothing better to do.
Would someone be kind enough to share this information for us interested parties.
Also, what about the shorts? is streamline going to rise up again to operate them?
Nobody has told why our AOC was pulled. I dont thinks the incidents stated were the real reasons. Seems strange that once our AOC wasn't restored after the last attempt(s) we all started getting our redundancy letters. Seems a bit quick off the mark what? No notice of redundacy which legally we were entitled to. Think the administrators have dropped a clanger don't you? Bit quick off the mark eh. Why was that? Were we check by the CAA for inso....y? Poor training records? Complaining about our opps Inspector PM? (not related to one of our Capt's with same surname) Running off the runway? Look at what Happened at Standstead with the footy pax's from Leeds. Didnt happen then? Track record of ignoring the CAA from the top. You can only take the uri..e for so long. All of the above or just one?

The lack of transparancy in the company hids all but the rumour network which our company staff thirved on!!!!

Steamline dead as a dodo. It didnt get absorbed into Emerald properly. They got the high viz jackets with Emerald on the back and thats as good as it got. Crews are waiting for their P45's. Only 4 sheds left flying out of a fleet of 14 originally came to Emerald I think? Didn't we do well. Sorry MOB & AJ. Not the opps staffs, engineers crews. You work as best as one can.