PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military back-up refused for strike by firefighters
Old 21st May 2006, 19:29
Almost_done

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CashMachine
Fg Off Max Stout,
Are you really saying that as a pilot (with flying pay) you get less than £30K? If you are, you're being done!
Originally Posted by Fg Off Max Stout
I worked with many junior ranks who earned very much less than the £30k the firemen wanted, were hanging out of their arses from all their operational commitments and then had to retrain to spend months away from home putting out burning stolen cars with 50 year old equipment.
There I think that puts that into perspective Cash Machine, I don't think he said as a pilot I get.........
Originally Posted by Roadster
They could be revered as heroes too. Just like the Armed Forces.
Possibly like the US Armed Forces, but when have we been revered recently?
The US Forces have a far better understanding, support, goodwill of their communities than we in the UK have, I have seen our standing in the community fall, with all this PC rubbish. If we stand up in the community we are at liberty of being pilloried, due to the use of the Forces as a political tool.
Not having a go at our Lords and Masters there, as we are the ultimate Political Tool. But we have to be used sparingly, especially in todays climate of overstreach.