PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LGW HERE I COME!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2006, 16:07
yellowdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by naughtybutnice
flybywire

where do you work then???

about the T5 thing its all too do with open skies and it will all eventually come to T5,everyone at BA LHR knows of it and I went to the fit for 5 and there was a mention of it there... For me id be so happy it would be nearer to home as I live 10mins from LHR and i have to do the M25 unfortunately ...

Does anyone know how long the wait for transfer to LHR is????????
NBN,

I know the company want some of the routes from LGW to transfer to LHR, especially the IAH and from what I understand open-skies MAY be signed in October, but the issue is slots and terminal space.

To say that all the work will eventually come to LHR is slightly naive. Firstly would BA hand LGW over to EZY when SH has just started making money and leave themselves no pressure valve for when things get tight at LHR. Secondly where are BA going to find 150 slots a day for the work to be transfered. When the third runway is built then perhaps there is a possibility, but until then work may go and work will come.

As for the pay, it has already been signed that we will be paid our hourly rate just as we are at the moment. The common opinion is that are allowances will be slightly more than WW at the moment. The basic will be less though, especially for higher grades.

Look forward to flying with you though.