PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL
Thread: BRISTOL
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2006, 12:12
WATABENCH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Graham, do you honestly think FCA would do these services at a loss, were talking about First Choice here, the only one of the big 4 tour operators (TUI,T-COOK,MYTRAVEL,F-CHOICE) that came out of 9-11 with a profit which has continued to grow, if you take a look at FC's purchases over the last few years they've been in the niche markets such as adventure hols cruising and boating, where as the other big 3 have gone on to extra capacity in areas swamped by the locos, FC have also looked very hard into what people want from their basic hols and cut themselves away from the numerous budget brands that they used to operate, if you pick up virtually any FC brochure now, you'll find it hard to get less than a 3 star hotel, they also launched the now renowned long haul star class service and are now following that up with more long haul regional flights, because they've listened to what people want, the South west is an untapped market for long haul and FC are already reaping mass reward for it, it would of been stupid for FC not to do it especially as they can utilise the(ex Bakers Dolphin) FC shops that appear in every town high street from Gloucester to Cardiff and Swindon to Truro, by the time they have the 787 delivered in 3 years they'll be THE established long haul carrier from the area and flights will be going direct, I imagine that as MAN is not only the FCA Ops HQ but is also so big for them as a base they will have struck a very agreeable deal, and its not as if pax are disembarking, all it is is a pit stop!
Sorry my friend but i think you have forgotton the influence First Choice has over the industry, and if you think BRS is the airport success story of the last few years then First Choice would be the Tour Operator success of the last few years. PS No flight supps from BRS on longhaul and very agreeable pricing, internet showed 2 weeks in Cuba all inc for just over £500pp, you'd be stupid not to go!
By the way the a/c will probably be based for 5 days so it doesnt involve coming from MAN for every single longhaul flight either me ol fruit.