PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working a day off in EK
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2006, 11:43
Dune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pissedoffpilotek:

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying and I have not done so in over 2 years. And I might add not doing so has afforded me a relatively good career here to date with minimal stress. I do my roster and work to the terms of my contract and nothing more/nothing less.

I don't make deals. My feeling is that ultimately my "deal" is just covering up the endemic problems systematically generated by the management of this company. I want no part in trying to hide their serious misjudgments.

If this airline was run as it should be there would be no need for these "deals" currently being offered by crew scheduling. Taking these "deals" ultimately leads to covering up the truth and nothing will be done to address the manning issues until someone takes a fall (starting with C.P.,VP-NC&L).

In my opinion those who work days off or "deal" trips are contributing to the rot that pervades this airline. You may think you are helping yourself short term but I can assure you long term you are doing nothing to improve your T & C's over the long run. With this sort of "prostitution" the true problems will be with us forever.

Just my opinion.