PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heading for disaster
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2006, 04:26
overpitched

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't follow the argument that an instructor is either low hour and keen or high hour and jaded ????? I would think it is fairly obvious if you want to compare apples with apples if you have 2 instuctors with the same level of enthusiasm, intelligence and teaching ability but one has 200 hours industry experience and one has 5000 hours industry experience then the one that has 5000 would be my pick every time. Seems like common sense to me.

If a pilot has 200 or 400 or 1000 hours they are inexperienced. Thats fact. If a pilot has grey hair and 5000 hours they're bitter and jaded...That's an assumption..but not fact.

Judging by this thread it seems to me there are plenty of low hour instructors that would rather be doing something else as well and are only using it as a stepping stone, so before you part with your cash for one of those young keen instructors you may want to find out what his long term goals are.

I have had many occasions to be thankful that I trained under a couple of grey haired ass kickers. I still let them know from time to time and it still gives me a standard to aspire to. The knowledge they passed on to me was the knowledge of an instuctor as well as the knowledge of industry survivors. The whole package worked for me. That's all I know.