PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Safety, incidents, etc
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2006, 23:02
nutcracker43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mystic

Many countries have steep authority gradients and one can sympathise with your plight.

I suspect it is the fault of the CRM team in not ensuring that its teachings are not adhered to...I presume that your company acknowledges variences between cultures with regard to authority gradients. There was an excellent article in one of the flight safety magazines or Flight a couple of years ago wherin this was discussed...should I find it I shall e-mail it to you.

All cultures vary and if the requirements of RM are not being met then I suggest you raise it at your next Flight Safety meeting. At my last company we had many cultures and the potential for problems was huge. As soon as a problem of this nature arose the FS team discussed it with the individuals concerned and the situation regulated at the following FS meeting. It seemed to work OK.

At the one company I worked for we had one captain whose checks were such that any similarity between the checklist and what he did was purely coincidental...a quiet word to the rosterer ensured that I never had to fly with him again ever...similar actions by others ensured the fellow himself was recalibrated.

NC43