PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British KLM pilots to ballot for stike action
Old 20th May 2006, 19:42
flyburg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an afterthought,

BALPA= British Airline Pilots Association

VNV=DALPA= Dutch Pilots Association

It is the job of Balpa to look after the best interest of the UK pilots and it is the job of the VNV to look after the interest of dutch pilots. It is a myth that VNV is actively stopping a deal between UK and KLM. The main argument is between KLM and UK, however, when UK wants seniority based on for example DOH than VNV would rightfully step in ( I would hope so)

I would like to hear some comments from a BA pilot if, Oh say, Brit Air pilots( I believe they are french) would find themselves in the same position and the Brit Air pilots would blame BALPA for stopping a DOH integration, or any deal that would adversely affect british pilots!!!! Anybody care to comment.

I think that being stapled to the bottom of the list with postion being frozen until able to bid better, salary frozen with exception of normal UK yearly increases until overtaken by mainline salary and a decent solution for the pension deal is a fair deal and should be attainable. I doubt that VNV would object because it would not hurt the group they represent. I doubt wether BALPA would allow a better deal, where the situation reversed.

And Finally, for arguments sake, any deal with AF and KLM would be completely different as both companys have a comparable fleet although AF is roughly 2/3 bigger so integration would also differ. To say otherwise is completely childish. However if an integration would take place requiring me tomove to France I would go.
greetings

Last edited by flyburg; 20th May 2006 at 20:00.