PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Capped Actuals - What are your experiences?
Old 20th May 2006, 19:06
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Not noticed any common sense at my end of the trench regarding this.

Have just come back from a couple of weeks away at another unit. Day before last we all had to work late, something that only became apparent as the afternoon pushed on and the weather suddenly improved allowing sorties to go. Unfortunately, at the same time, the Mess was having a formal function so dinner was at 1630 or some Godforsaken time in the Sgts Mess when the ac were still up and everyone still working.

So we all got back late, hurrumphed at being denied access to the bar due to lack or 5s / tuxes and invaded the local curry house and we didn't even kick the arse out of it - starter, main course and a drink before retiring to a local hostelery.

36 hours later, our wonderful remfs tell us we are only entitled to Missed Meals payment for dinner and we can't claim for the cost of the meal. Apparently it was our own fault we missed dinner and we should have done something about it when we realised. Of course I'm sure the chefs and Mess Manager would have been only too delighted to rustle something up for us and put the function on hold. The Stn Cdr, Mayor and god knows who would have understood, I'm sure.

What a load of bollocks. I'm all for financial responsibility, but this is taking the pi55. It's yet again a total lack of flexibility by a system geared to the needs of the remfs and the bean counters, lacking any understanding of what the front line needs.

Edited after stopping fuming quite so much!

Last edited by Melchett01; 20th May 2006 at 21:22.