PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heading for disaster
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2006, 13:26
170'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't figure out why the Insurance companies demand high timers as PIC on any decent equipment. Lots of people seem fully qualified at 200-1000 hours..?

I think the paradigm shift mentioned by cl12pv2s exists along with the pilot shortage...may or may not exist in reality, but it's possible existence might help you feel better if you're young, inexperienced and out of work..

But in the world of helo's, any paradigm shift is destined to end the way of the last one! We called them hippies! seen any around lately?

I know if I was looking for a pilot. It'd be guys like Bellfest and Bluestack I'd be calling!

Bellfest...You're point about the round looking thing, bolted to the gray bit was right on the money..

The issue of sweeping floors is kind of a stupid notion, how many times a day does the damn thing need sweeping?

But washing out a component for the engineers would do a lot of people a lot of good...Along with stripping out components (because the boss doesn't want to hire an engineer?)

Also, helping re-build a machine you one day hope to fly, is not exactly the dumbest thing on the planet...As one day, the round looking thing might shake loose, and it'd be great to know if it's an important bit?
ps..is gravity respons: Check your PM's

Last edited by 170'; 20th May 2006 at 13:40.