PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 20th May 2006, 13:24
Cessna1052

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sec 3
Yeah, of course some sort of takeoff briefing should be done. As for the "sign", your feel for turbulence might differ a little from mine. The way I see taxiing, one guy drives, the other navigates. In this region we work with people from all over the world who do things a little differently than we do or have done, but as long as you get where you're going, smoothly and safely with some semblance of SOP's, go home and forget about it, tomorrow will be better.
Hi Sec3,
I affirm what you have said, that we work in a region of Multi Cultural environment, but come to think of it, didn't we all passed through and brought up to a level of standards acceptable to the company, and breaks the differences of where we came from? If one disregards SOP's, could you consider it safe and acceptable?, wherein fact its not the way you've been trained to do.
A mere resemblance of SOP's or ending safe NOW at home is not always an excuse to forget things that had happen. Moreso, it must be a reminder,to constantly keep an eye to this kind of guys more closely...the next time.

PS. Tomorrow is a new day, just can't wait!

Cheers,
Cessna