PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Navy Seasprites
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2006, 09:43
Magoodotcom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian Abraham
7.30 Report also had an item a few days ago about $1billion worth of ammunition being declared "unservicable". Not much bang for the buck there then. Angus looked as though he might have been seriously considering retirement or applying for another job when being grilled about the disc in the QANTAS lounge computer. Have to feel sorry for the man. As for sprite, isnt that a drink?
Angus has unfairly taken a bath on the Kovco issue. It's not as if the problems that happened are systemic. I have it on good authority that the repatriation did not follow standing SOPs which were bullet-proof, and someone leaving a CD in a computer, well, that's just a case of $hit happens...nothing more.

I'd love to get my hands on the w@nker who found the CD and then handed it to the human headline, Derryn Hinch! Not only did it cause grief for DEFMIN and CDF, but also for the Kovco family.

As for the Seapsprites...we should tell Kaman to get the things right or we'll ditch them, won't pay another cent, and get something else. It's not like the budget surplus can't cover it and was going to be spent on anything worthwhile anyway (man, I'm getting cynical in my old age!). Anyway, whether we have a legal case or not, it's now in Kaman's interest to get them right and, judging by their media statements in the past couple of days, they seem to think they're this [thumb and forefinger held about 2cm apart] close to it.

In the meantime, file the Seasprite debacle away in the 'what NOT to do next time' draw, and get on with life!

Magoo