PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 20th May 2006, 06:29
Cessna1052

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Everybody,
talking about DEC's, ive just flown with one today from a short layover in Europe. And surely this Guy is living up to the extreme expectations of his colleagues in EK.
- No Prelim takeoff briefing, no taxi briefing(proving at the end, he doesn't know where to turn), doesn't discuss A/C status;ending up me reading the same stuff over again.
- Banked the A/C more than 30 degrees while manually flying it, and only correcting it after my 3rd callout...(oh boy, oh boy,this guy must really be tired).
- bit of turbulence enroute, told him to turn on the Sign, but he didn't bother; then we were kicked so suddenly that i made it first before he can actually raised his finger from his Sudoku...( gosh what a day really...)
- DXB; no exemptions, no briefing as well, so i have to brief myself silently....i would be happy if he could just said standard briefing.. believed it, not even. What was funny though, he taxied the A/C all the way inside "J", only to find out he doesn't know where we'll park.
- for his closing remark, not even a thank you to the Crew or me( even if he doesn't mean it)...
Now I am free of him(until the next, of course), its time to give myself a good rest and relieved myself of all those stress.

P.S. to make it clear, I am NOT generalizing DEC's on what had happen to me today.
to those guys trying EK interview, i wish you the Best results